Carpets and Upholstery Cleaning
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning in Shreveport?
Modern carpet fibers and upholstery fibers are engineered and manufactured to hide soil and look clean even while soils buildup. Eventually, the soiling may show. Unfortunately, along the way, the dirt on your carpet and upholstery fibers is grinding away and causing wear. You can look to us to protect your investment by cleaning and maintaining your carpet and upholstery even before it looks nasty. The SERVPRO System offers excellent cleaning options for every type of carpet and upholstery fiber.
Did you know carpets act as a giant filter? They trap dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, oils, and other soils. Eventually, this "filter" gets full and needs to be cleaned. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
A variety of studies report that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil, such as dust or dander. Regular vacuuming is a crucial component to care and maintain of carpet. However, there is no substitute for having carpets cleaned by professionals such as the IICRC certified experts at SERVPRO of South Shreveport.
We offer two carpet cleaning methods.
- One is hot water extraction, to flush soil out of the carpet.
- The other is "showcase." It features a rotary shampoo machine to agitate the fibers, followed by a hot water rinse to remove residues. Showcase is ideal for heavily soiled carpets.
Try us for your next cleaning. You will be glad you did!
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – (318) 865-4655
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Preventative MaintenanceCarpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.