“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold Removal vs. Remediation: What's the Difference?
Mold remediation, removal, mitigation, and abatement are often interchangeable terms that mean taking care of an interior mold problem. Since mold is everywhere, remediation focuses more on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels. When the situation is a small area (10 square feet or less), cleaning non-porous items such as metal, tile, or glass is something an individual might try to handle. However, if mold has spread to a larger area or covers porous materials such as wood, carpeting, drywall, or insulation, it is best handled by a professional.
If the problem is significant enough to warrant a specialist, call SERVPRO of South Shreveport, because we have the training and expertise to carry out the work. As well, if the mold was caused by sewage or flooding, we also have the experience to eliminate mold resulting from contaminated water.
We Know How to Clean It
• Wet vacuums and steam cleaning is for carpet and upholstered furniture
• Soft cloths, sponges, and brushes wipe down hard surfaces
• High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuums force air through a fine mesh to trap spores or particulates
• Some items may be damaged to the point cleaning won't restore their original appearance; then, removal is at owner discretion
• Damaged contents are always bagged and removed
Reach out to the professionals at SERVPRO of South Shreveport to quickly take care of any mold situation and ensure the problem is a thing of the past.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (318) 865-4655
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (318) 865-4655
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Shreveport is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We proudly serve Shreveport, LA, Forbing, LA, and surrounding areas.