Your Belongings and Fire Damage
SERVPRO Shreveport Specializes in Saving Fire-damaged Items
Even when you know everyone is safe and comprehend your home can be restored after a fire, one of the most challenging things is the potential loss of personal belongings. SERVPRO of South Shreveport recognizes that your furnishings, clothing, keepsakes, and collectibles, matter to your family and are integral to making you feel at home.
Damage to the structure and possessions comes not only from the fire, but also the smoke, soot, and water from firefighting efforts. An insurance company sends out an inspector who documents the damage as you begin to collect anything which might be saved. Our teams can be there by your side to make sure you do not overlook items that at first might not look like they are salvageable.
During a fire, small particles settle on and adhere to surfaces. Our crew removes residues with unique equipment and specialized treatments such as:
• Portable extractors to remove water from carpets and upholstery
• Ozone generators chemically react with odor-causing molecules in the air-oxidizing residues to eliminate malodors
• Topical and solvent-based cleaning supplies to diminish soot and stains
• Thermal fog machines that use a solvent-based odor counteractant
• Low air pressure, special sponges and soft brushes for blowing residue off artwork and collectibles
• Ultrasonic tank immersion, dry cleaning, and wet cleaning
You deserve to have both your home and contents cleaned and restored to the way they were before. You can count on SERVPRO of South Shreveport.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (318) 865-4655
SERVPRO of South Shreveport specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of South Shreveport can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of South Shreveport can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims